Nordic Insurance Software is looking for a Junior IT supporter to join our growing team in Copenhagen
Are you a welcoming and service-minded person who has the courage and a burning desire to excel within IT support?
Then we would really like to hear from you as we are looking to expand our IT-team with a new colleague.
About NIS and our people
Nordic Insurance Software is a market leading global provider of sales, claims and assistance software solutions for the travel, expatriate, and health insurance industry.
We value employees who are proactive and take pride and ownership over the quality of their work, and in exchange we provide an environment that will challenge and stimulate you through constant new learning curves, exciting and innovative projects. As our team is the key to our success, we aim to create personal and professional growth through training, education, 360-degree reviews and social events.
Our IT team and their ambitions
As an IT supporter in NIS, you will be part of the IT department’s operations where you will participate on equal terms as the rest of the team consisting of 5 skilled persons, that excel in each of their specific work fields. You will provide first-class IT support to our global offices and help solve IT problems (both internal and client) throughout the company as well as help implement the latest technologies. You are good at inquiring into the needs, to find the best solution for all kinds of inquiries.
We all have varying professional backgrounds, nationalities, and educations. This creates a great synergy where diversity is greatly appreciated. We are characterized by the fact that we always strive for new knowledge and to work with the latest technologies
Departmental stats: 75% of us have kids. 50% of us love mountain biking, 25% even have crutches in the office… just in case. And 100% of us are geeks in 1 way or another.
Your contribution to the IT team
To support our high ambitions for our clients we work with a wide range of technologies like: PowerApps, Microsoft Flow, Apple business, GitHub, Octopus Deploy, Office 365, Azure, Endpoint Manager (Intune), Compliance Manager, Azure Active Directory Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS, Snipe-IT, Datadog, Windows Server, Linux, SQL server.
Your primary tasks will be to:
- Support for all IT hardware and software, phone system and iPhones
- User administration
- Follow up that all cases are handled correctly from creation to closure
- Handle our Asset management process including ordering and setup the equipment with the end-user
- To maintain and optimize existing systems
- To help promote a service-oriented culture internally in the IT department
To succeed in the role, you have the following qualifications
As part of our Team, you will have the opportunity to influence the future of the global IT department at NIS. You get professional tools, a personal and professionally developing work environment, and you become part of a culture where respect and professionalism go hand in hand.
We expect you to:
- Have started or passed basic course 2 from TEC or enrolled in another similar IT education
- Have a passion for providing excellent IT support, and an eagerness and curious approach to learn new stuff
- Have a flair for providing fast and accurate support that brings our customers back on track, and solve your tasks with quality as your personal success criterion
- Be able to work independently and with a service-minded mindset and know that successful IT services are delivered through collaboration
- Have basic skills to manage Active directory and Office 365. If you have some knowledge and interests in scripting, PowerShell will help you to do the job too
- To have a fairly command of English both written and orally as we have colleagues and clients located globally
It is our overall mission to help you develop your skills through your daily work with us, and to make sure when you are finishing your education as IT-Supporter you have a strong resume with relevant work experiences.
More about NIS
Our office is centrally placed at Østerbro, with a great view of the Copenhagen rooftop skyline. However, work structures are flexible regarding both working hours and working from home, and we ultimately aim to create an environment that balances each employee’s best working conditions with a dynamic and collaborative team atmosphere. Additionally, we are in the process of expanding our global operations into the Asia/Pacific region, which with our Toronto, London, Wroclaw, and Copenhagen offices will provide a 24/7 support structure for our customers.
Our work environment is based on inclusion, development, and recognition for an individual’s talent, and where each employees’ input is regarded equally amongst their peers and management alike. We truly believe that diversity and inclusion will broaden our thinking which will form the basis for better decision making. Our inclusive culture will also inspire us to try new things, speak openly, and be bold.
In NIS each of us contributes to inclusion; we all have a role to play. Our culture is the result of our behaviors, our personal commitment, our curiosity, how we collaborate, and the ways that we courageously share our perspectives and encourage others to do the same.
If the position sounds like something for you, and you would like to become part of our team, send your application and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact our Head of IT, Behroz Karimi, by email on email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.